Daniel Odhiambo is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya. He is currently a PhD Candidate at the University of Nairobi. Daniel holds a Master Degree in Law and Business from Bucerius Law School and WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management, Hamburg & Vallendar, Germany. He also holds a Masters Degree in Intellectual Property from Africa University, Mutare, Zimbabwe.He lectures Law at Moi University School of Law.
Daniel is an avid court room lawyer with time tested hands in some of the leading, complex and intensely demanding cases. He has successfully acted as Counsel in high value Commercial disputes in Kenya both in arbitration and litigation. In addition to dispute resolution, Daniel has extensively been engaged in both local and International Commercial transactions where he has advised a cross section of clients on Intellectual Property, mergers, acquisitions, investment treaties and public international law concerns.
- Constitutional and Electoral law
- Intellectual Property
- Corporate and Commercial law
- Non-Governmental Organisations(NGO)Operations
- Acting as a legal consultant with Legal team instructed by The Pharmacy and Poisons Board (Kenya) in developing the regulatory framework on parallel importation of medicine in Kenya.
- Represented the Judicial Service Commission in several Employment matters filed by former Magistrates.
- Part of the Legal Team that Represented the Judiciary in the Matter regarding the acquisition by the Judiciary of the Elgon Place Building for the setting up of the Court of Appeal Premise.
- Part of the Legal team that Represented a local Bank in a suit involving Breach of Guarantees amounting to over 2 Billion Kenyan Shillings in a Construction Dispute.
- Represented two Companies in an Insolvency Petition against a Supermarket Chain in the High Court of Kenya. The Two Companies were seeking a total of kshs. 448,000,000.00 that was due and owed to them.
- Represented IEBC in several Election Petitions in the Court High Court and in the Court of Appeal following the 2017 General Elections.
- Represented a leading Telecommunication Company in the Court of Appeal in a case regarding Governmental access to information held by Tele-communication Companies.
- Currently engaged by the Council of Legal Education (Kenya) to mark exams (Commercial Transactions and Civil Litigation) for the Advocates Training Programme (ATP).
- Advised a Regional Logistics Company through a redundancy process following an institutional Re-organization for specific areas the Company was working in thus necessitating downsizing of staff.
- Represented foreign beneficiaries in a local probate and administration matter involving their estate especially in regards to protecting the assets in the estate pending hearing and determination of the matter as well as Resealing their Foreign Grant.