Kennedy Kithinji is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya and is currently in charge of the Nanyuki Branch. He holds a Bachelors of Law degree from Catholic University of Eastern Africa, a postgraduate diploma from the Kenya School of Law and is a certified professional mediator. He is currently pursuing a Master in Business Administration from the Catholic University of Eastern Africa.
Kennedy has extensive dispute resolution experience having represented a myriad of clients in various dispute resolution mechanisms both locally and internationally. His litigation experience is backed by his strong research background and legal drafting ability.
Despite his strengths in Dispute resolution, he has also extensively advised and acted for the firm’s clients in various matters pertaining to commercial law, conveyancing and company law. He has actively participated in successfully representing clients on a pro-bono basis to the less fortunate in society.
- Banking and Finance litigation
- Civil and criminal litigation
- Employment and land litigation
- Sports law
- Constitutional law
- Tax and procurement law
- Representing a top tier Bank in a matter pertain to a loan facility advanced to a client wherein the subject matter was in excess of Kshs. 350,000,000.
- Representing a leading telecommunications company in various proceedings on trespass affecting their transmission towers, wherein the liability is in excess of Kshs. 160,000,000.
- Representing a devolved government agency in perfection of securities for mortgages and charges for over 50 of their staff the value of the fund is in excess of Kshs. 100,000,000.
- Part of the team that successfully acted for a UK based international shipping and logistics firm in a suit before the High Court and Court of Appeal by a foreign company in a claim where the subject matter was in excess of USD. 8,000,000/-. The matter required review of various international bilateral treaties and agreements, import laws and policies of Kenya.
- Part of the team that is representing a foreigner in numerous briefs seeking to reclaim properties illegally allocated to others, the briefs entails obtaining interlocutory orders against the fraudsters and seeking orders to revert the ownership to the client.
- Successfully represented a top tier Bank in debt collection arising from default by the credit borrowers to obtain judgements in favour of the bank in excess of Kshs. 10,000,000/-.
- Successfully represented a freight handling company in a suit for payment of debt in a claim for in excess of USD. 39,000, which involved matters in maritime industry.
- Representing a local state corporation in various constitutional petitions that touched on compulsory land acquisition and compensation arising from the SGR project.
- Part of the team representing a global construction company in multiple employment matters filed by casual workers, which total claim was in excess of Kshs. 16,000,000.
- Part of the team that successfully represented the former AK CEO before the IAAF Ethics Board, in a matter relating to doping and anti-doping policies of the IAAF and Kenyan Athletics.
- Part of the team that was representing the Respondent in a gubernatorial and the Petitioner in a senatorial election petition filed following the August 2017 general election.
- Part of the team that successfully represented a bank employee in a criminal matter wherein the client was accused of conspiracy to defraud the local bank of Kshs. 48,000,000. The matter involved an inter-bank lending transaction and the accused was acquitted at no case to answer.
- Part of the team that representing a Dubai based company tendering for provision to development of tax systems for a state entity wherein the subject matter was in excess of Kshs. 1 Billion. The matter required representing the firm in the High Court in an Appeal from the PPRA, taxation and in a judicial review proceedings.