Tonny M. Odera
Mr. Tonny M. Odera heads the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Department. He has over 13 years post-admission to the bar experience in litigation and dispute resolution.
Mr. Odera holds a Master’s Degree in International Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (LL. M) from Europa University, Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder) Germany; a Bachelors of Laws (LL. B) Degree from the University of Nairobi and a Post-Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
He has, during his work, successfully represented various clients in cases involving Intellectual Property Rights and protection of trademarks and Patents; Human Rights violations and Elections Petitions for Governors, MCA and MP positions; Commercial and Banking related disputes; Environment and Land related disputes, and other Civil and criminal cases.
In addition, he also has numerous experiences in NGOs work having worked for both local and international NGOs, including the United Nations and has expertise in legislation drafting, human rights audit, developing various Training Manuals and Guidelines, Project Management and facilitating training seminars.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Constitution and Electoral Law
- Environment and Land laws
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Human Rights Audits and Promotions
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) Operations
Experience highlights inter alia includes.
- Currently involved in litigating a Trademark dispute involving one of the biggest mobile phone and accessories manufacturer in China and the world whose net worth is estimated at over USD 2.3 Billion Dollars.
- Also involved in ongoing litigation of a land dispute whose value is in excess of Kshs. 500 Million.
- Engaged in arbitration proceeding involving sale of developed Maisonettes of over Kshs. 200 Million.
- Involved in several post August 2017 Election Petitions for Governor, MP and MCA.
- Debt recovery of secured loan of over Kshs. 600 Million for a multi-national Bank.