GVA has a dedicated team of professionals that work to advance and guard our clients’ interests in the quickly evolving technology marketplace, in the service and commodity industry, both in the financial services and consumer products. We work tirelessly to protect our clients’ interests and investments in both local and global brands and work to prevent others from unfairly leveraging those brands for their own gain.
In addition, our team understands the technical intricacies required when negotiating the intellectual property facets of commercial transactions, including trademarks, copyrights, patents, industrial designs, utility models and domain name registrations.
Our IP services include:
- Preliminary search and patentability opinion
- Filing an application of trademarks, patents, designs and utility models for regional and international registration
- Drafting and reviewing patent claim and description
- Providing consultancy service for clients to derive the best economic value from their Intellectual Property assets as their business evolves
- Infringement opinion
- Negotiating, drafting and/or concluding license, franchise and assignment agreements on behalf of our clients
- Drafting Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Recording of license, franchising and assignment agreement with the registry
- Brand valuation and brand development
- Anti-Counterfeit actions
- IP Litigation on infringement, piracy, passing-off, unlawful competition and opposition proceedings
- Successful protection of world’s renowned brands in Kenya and other East African Counties.
- Infringement opinion for one of the Multimillion United States Dollars technology company in China.