Acquisition of Real Estate entails decision making, with legal consequences that may impact expected return on investment. To obviate and mitigate risks that may lead to diminished return or loss in your investment, our team of experienced Real Estate Lawyers prioritise diligence in acquisition, expertise in negotiations and efficiency in closing transactions.
Our Lawyers have over the years developed a wide network of contacts and great working relationships with land registries and relevant offices dealing with land administration and registration, and you should expect to benefit from unrivalled turnaround time on all formalities related to registration and administration of land.
Broadly stated, our services pertaining to Real Estate Investment include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting extensive due diligence
- Negotiating and structuring the terms of development, sale and/or purchase of real property
- Drafting and reviewing the relevant agreements and other pertinent documents
- Advising on tax obligations related to investment in real estate
- Undertaking registration formalities at the land registries
- Undertaking and overseeing the processes of approval of change of user, amalgamation, subdivision and extension of lease
- We are currently advising the largest and one of the most successful developers and owners of utility-scale solar energy projects in the world, in the acquisition of land in Kenya for the purpose of development of solar farms projected to generate and inject over 1 Gigawatts of electricity to the national or regional grid.
- We have advised a real estate developer on the structure of financing, development and sale of 150 Executive Maisonettes in Runda, Nairobi.
- We have been engaged as the transaction lawyers to advise on the structure of development and sale of serviced apartments in a mixed use development within Upperhill, Nairobi, comprising of over 100 units.
- We have advised registered pension schemes (open and closed contribution) on structuring and restructuring of investment in their real estate portfolio with cumulative transaction value of acquired property being over KShs. 2 Billion.
- We are the transaction lawyers currently advising on the joint venture in respect of the development of over 5,000 mixed use residential units in Ruai, Nairobi.
- We act for a property developer in a project where they intend to develop 300 residential units in Nairobi.
- We are drawing up all the commercial leases for two large commercial buildings within the Nairobi CBD (Salama House and Corner House) together with Yunis Building in Mombasa.